- 1 (20-oz.) can pineapple tidbits in own juice
- 1 (11-oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 (3-oz.) instant sugar free vanilla pudding
- 1 C. quartered strawberries
- 1 C. banana slices
Drain juice from pineapple into a
2 C. glass measuring cup. Add enough water to make 2 C. Prepare pudding with juice and water mixture. In a bowl, combine pineapple, oranges and strawberries. Gently fold into the pudding. Chill at least 2 hours. Add bananas just prior to serving.
Creamy Red Potato Salad
- 3 lbs. red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 1/4 C. fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
In a large pot, over high heat, combine potatoes with enough salted water to cover by 4 inches. Bring to a boil. Cook until tender, 20-25 minutes. Drain and cool. Combine other ingredients in a serving bowl. Add potatoes, toss until coated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
- 3 C. deli roasted chicken
- 2 C. finely chopped celery
- 1 C. grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C. slivered almonds
- 1/2 C. light sour cream
- 1/2 C. light mayonnaise
- 1 (10-3/4- oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4-oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 C. French fried onion rings
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except onion rings. Spoon into a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan or baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle onion rings evenly on top. Bake 5 more minutes or until bubbly around the edge. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1 env. Italian dressing
- 1 can golden mushroom soup
- 1 C. chicken broth
- 1 (8-oz.) ctn. Chives and onion cream cheese
- Angel hair pasta, prepared
Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a saucepan, melt butter and combine with rest of the ingredients, except pasta. Pour sauce over chicken and cook on low for 6 hours. Serve over pasta.
Apricot Jell-O Salad
- 1 (3-oz.) pkg. apricot Jell-O
- 1 (16-oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 5 T. milk
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 2 C. Cool Whip
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese
Cook pineapple and sugar together and boil. Add Jell-O and let set, then cool. Blend cream cheese and milk together until smooth. Add Cool Whip and fold in Jell-O. Mix and refrigerate until set.
Crispy Onion Roasted Potatoes
- 1 pkg. Lipton onion or onion-mushroom soup mix
- 1/2 C. margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves (opt.)
- 1 tsp marjoram leaves (opt.)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 lbs. potatoes, quartered
- Chopped parsley, (opt.)
In a shallow baking pan, thoroughly blend soup mix, oil, margarine and seasonings. Add potatoes and turn to coat thoroughly. Bake at 450°, stirring occasionally, for 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden. Garnish, if desired, with chopped parsley.
Cheese Garlic Biscuits
- 2 C. biscuit mix
- 2/3 C. water or milk
- 1/2 C. grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C. melted butter
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Preheat oven to 450°. Mix biscuit mix, milk and cheese until soft dough forms. Beat vigorously for 30 seconds. Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Mix butter with garlic powder and brush over warm biscuits before serving from baking sheet.
Lemon Lush Crust
- 1-1/2 C. butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 C. chopped nuts
Mix butter, flour and nuts together with a pastry blender or fork and press into a 9x13-inch pan. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes. After the crust has baked and cooled, make first layer.
- 1 C. powdered sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 C. Cool Whip
Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and Cool
Whip together and spread over crust.
- 2 small pkg. instant lemon pudding (or any flavor)
- 2-2/3 C. milk
Mix pudding and milk together until pudding starts to thicken. Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread remaining Cool Whip over top and refrigerate.